A friend of mine has been struggling the last couple of years with her body image. She says she has a lot of shame towards herself when she looks in the mirror, and the stories in her mind keep on trying to convince her there is something wrong with how she looks. She is caught in the land of fear, where her mind keeps telling her stories that she is not skinny enough, pretty enough or sexy enough. In other words, she is not enough, period!
She got married at a young age, dived into the marriage life and started having children. One thing about life, it can take a toll on you when you forget who and whose you are. She did her best to lose baby weight after each baby but she continued to see the distorted image of herself. Her thoughts continue to plague her mind and self image. Our society and especially the Western culture by enlarge contributes to the images we see on TV, the internet and/or magazines regarding body image, size, shape and so forth. The attempt to provide a distorted description of who a beautiful woman is!
What does all these images and thoughts have to do with who you are? You may think, really? are you asking that question? Yes, I am asking that question…
YOU realize that our thoughts by enlarge and the images we focus on re-enforce who we are. What you focus on, you become! Our core essence is spiritual and YOU are an extension of God manifested into physical form. Your personal journey here is to rediscover your magnificence on many levels of Being – creatively, emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually – in this “school of life” to become the fullest expression of who you were created to be with purpose and passion.
YOU are purposely here for a reason, designed with specific innate gifts and talents only known to you and your creator. You are as unique as a snowflake or fingerprint compared to the other 7 billion souls on this world as there are no two alike. You are a master class in a class all by yourself, a limited edition❤!
Several things I shared with my friend to inspire her- beautiful. Take a look within and make a decision to never allow anyone or anything to distort the image of God in YOU.
- Take time to connect within and allow your heart to remain open with your knowledge, thoughts, actions, spoken words and written form when interacting with others and especially, towards yourself. This clears the outside clatter that interferes with acknowledging the uniqueness created by God.
- Love, appreciate and accept fully who you are and without apologies for any preconceived flaws you may bear and know that you cannot ever fail.
- Release the unnecessary baggage of fear, anger, guilt, resentment and judgement(s) for they will only hold you back in life. You see my friend, all her life she heard negative words regarding her image from the people that loved her the most. She is working to change all these images.
- Offer forgiveness and be willing to forgive those who have trespassed against you and there may even be times when you’ll need to forgive yourself.
- Despite your differences, embrace and be gentle, loving, patient, peaceful, considerate and compassionate with the people you share your life with both personally and professionally, within your neighborhood, community, country and everyone else the world offers, including those who have yet, to cross your path.
Faithful C. C👥